Friday, June 5, 2009

Gonzalez ousts Murray in French Open quarters


Chilean 12th seed Fernando Gonzalez has stormed into the French Open semifinals after defeating British third seed Andy Murray. Gonzalez snatched a 6-3, 3-6, 6-0, 6-4 victory over his British rival at Roland Garros Stadium in Paris on Tuesday. "His forehand is the biggest in tennis," Murray said of Gonzalez after the game. “If you look at some of the shots he's hit, he's hitting forehands from like a meter wide of the tramline on some points and hitting winners off them.” "Even if you try to hit a ball to his backhand, he makes his mind up that he wants to hit a forehand and he runs around it and spanks a winner. You can't do a whole lot with it," he added. The 28-year-old Gonzalez admitted that he had tried to dominate the game with his forehand. "I've been hitting the same for years and years. I always try to attack, I have no fear and I just go for it,” Gonzalez said.” I know if I have to win important matches I'll do it on that side." The 12th seed Gonzalez must now face Swedish giant-killer Robin Soderling, conqueror of four-time champion Rafael Nadal on Sunday.

0 comments:

Recent Posts

Powered By Blogger

Flag Counter

free counters

Visitors Details

  © Press Template The Professional Template by Somy Iori 2009

Back to TOP